Psycho September: Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk
Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk (IWA Japan - No Rope Barbed Wire Death Match - Duel of the Wilds 01/08/95): Quite possibly the greatest deathmatch that I've seen. It was everything that makes Terry Funk & Cactus Jack great- violence, comedy, physical disregard, psychology, etc. They really sucked me into this match. They didn't depend on the gimmick- they used it to their advantage. The barbwire was just there for them to use. The chairs, flames, blood, stumbling, chaos, terror, exhaustion- it was demented, no! depraved. Just fantastically orchestrated violence. I can't rave enough. For complaints, it didn't have a tremendous build to an orgasmic finish. Hell the finish wasn't that great but, it was a psychological masterwork, dare I say in spite of...no! because of these things. This was a spectacle as all deathmatches should be. They put everything into this one. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Comments
Post a Comment